13222 West 62nd Terrace
Shawnee, KS 66216
Next to Planet Fitness
Open Today Until 4:00 pm
|Sunday||11:00 am - 4:00 pm|
|Monday||10:00 am - 6:00 pm|
|Tuesday||10:00 am - 6:00 pm|
|Wednesday||10:00 am - 6:00 pm|
|Thursday||10:00 am - 6:00 pm|
|Friday||10:00 am - 6:00 pm|
|Saturday||10:00 am - 6:00 pm|
Colleen & D.J. Winter Franchise Store OwnersView Our Store Site
- Painted Buntings, Orchard and Baltimore Orioles begin to arrive.
- Young are born in nursery colonies of bats.
- The Dawn Chorus begins. Be sure to listen for the early morning natural serenade.
- Eastern Tiger Swallowtail Butterflies fly May-September, two flights.
- Red-headed Woodpeckers nesting. Downy and Hairy Woodpeckers are incubating.
- Chickadees, titmice, nuthatches are incubating and are less likely to be at feeders.
- Rose-breasted Grosbeaks, nighthawks, Wood Thrushes, Veerys and Chimney Swifts return.
- House Wrens return. They may come in late April (earlier in south) if spring is warm.
- Sub-adult Purple Martins return to establish new colonies early in the month.
- Nesting materials are being collected.
- Eta Aquarids meteor shower is early-May.
- International Migratory Bird Day is mid-May.